Tuesday, April 15, 2008

lazy me(used to be) :D

Assalamualaikum and hi everybody!
:)


We meet again on a brand new day..everyday is a brand new day, right? :)
hurm...I've been thinking for a while what to write...and i decided to write about my family!
It's been a while since last I met my parents...I miss them like crazy..:(








Well. before this, I used to be lazy..very, very lazy during my secondary school..
I dont like studying..I prefer to watch television..a lot.:) For me watching tv is more fun than study.My mom always scold me..she ask me to study but I always said, " later la mama, I'm tired"..
Oh I was sooooooo stubborn to listen to them!
During my SPM examination, I study last minute..and the result? U guess! hehe..not very well..it was average.
And by that time I knew I had dissappointed my parents. I felt guilty. Really, really guilty.

Then I got offered by MMU..to study Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering.Before sending me to MMU Melaka, my dad said to me the words that I'll never forget for the rest of my life;

"Be serious and study hard. If u dont,you will fail all the subjects and you wont be able to graduate like everybody else. When u dont be able to graduate means u wont be able to get a good job. So u'll be a useless person, who has no diploma, no job and perhaps no bf. You'll end up living a terrible, lonely life for good. So, u should study from now if you dont want all these to happen."

His words really make me worried. Worried of what will happen in my future, if i continue to be a lazy person. Terrified, i took his words as a spirit for me to study hard and to achieve success in my future.

Starting from that day, I study hard during my diploma. As a result, I managed to get Dean list every semester. Alhamdullillah...I finally can make my parent smile with my result..:) I love them so much. I promise I wont let them down again. Never. Ever. Thanks to you both Abah and Mama, u save my future. :)



Ok. After learning about fallacies with Madam Aznur and Madam Jessica,now i realize that my dad's words is an "Ad populum appeal to indirect consequences".

This argument states that should one event occur, so will other harmful events. There is no proof made that the harmful events are caused by the first event .

This type of persuasion is intended to make the listener/reader so worried about the future that they will agree with the conclusion.
It is also called as "Slippery Slope Argument"


If u dont study hard
.
.
.

Then u will fail all the subjects
.
.
.

Then u wont be able to graduate like evrybody else
.
.
.

Then u wont be able to get a good job
.
.
.
Then u'll be a useless person
.
.
.
Then u'll end up being lonely and poor
.
.
.
So u should study hard




Eventhough my dad's words/ arguments has no proof and was only intended to make me worried, but still, what he said make me think of my future. Thank you abah! and mama too...:)














No comments: