Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ohh my friends...



Assalammualaikum..


I still remember that during the last lecture class, Madam told us that for this assignment, we can also listen to our friends' conversation, and analyze the sentences..Well I've been hearing my friend's conversation for these two days, and i found something that is related to what I've learned in critical thinking classes! =)



It was between Nana, Azie and me...the conversation was in my car, when we just got back from group discussion in campus..below was the conversation:

Nana: My little brother is really, really bad.
Azie: Why is that so?
Nana: Because he's so naughty.Urghhh...(angry)
Dada: What happen? what he did to u?
Nana: Better for u guys not to know.
Azie: Ok then..hey i'm starving. let's go eat at D'Arif. My friend said that the restaurant is clean and always full of people. So i bet that the foods they are serving must be delicious too.
Dada: Oh really? Yes why not we give it a try..

Implementing this conversation towards Critical Thinking prospect,
  • My little brother is really, really, bad. Because he's so naughty. <---- This is Petitio Principii Fallacy because it involeves statement represented by "S is true, because S is true". The phrases mean essentially the same.
  • What happen? what he did to u?<---- This is Interroragative questions. It's a question intended to solicit some information.
  • Ok then..hey i'm starving. let's go eat at D' Arif. My friend said that the restaurant is clean and always full of people. So i bet that the foods they are serving must be delicious <---- This is Fallacy of Sweeping Generalisation. It is because Object A has Characteristic 1, object A also will have Characterictic 2, 3, 4 even if they are not very much like Characterictic 1.

Okay. Back to the story. I decided to try the food in D'Arif,so we went there.My first impression when i walk into the restaurant is "Azie was right. This restaurant is as clean as pure water". I ordered Penang Fried Koeteow and ice lemon tea. And yeah it was delicious. The koetoew was more delicious than pizza hut(for me) :P





It is worth it to eat there. The price is affordable too. I recommend each of MMU student to at least try to eat the food there once. Hehe..


There is several Simile at my above sentences.

"Simile is
a special form of comparison – where you compare the current subject, object or action to some other idea that creates an image"

  • Azie was right. This restaurant is as clean as pure water.
  • The koetoew was more delicious than pizza hut.

Ok i guess that's all for now..See you in the next entry..daaa...:)





No comments: